Friday, July 13, 2007

Aramis Here and We Are Off and Running


My patron saint:
St. Bernardine of Siena

Everywhere Bernardine persuaded the cities to take down the arms of their warring factions from the church and palace walls and to inscribe there, instead, the initials I. H. S. He thus gave a new impulse and a tangible form to the devotion to the Holy Name of Jesus which was ever a favourite topic with him and which he came to regard as a potent means of rekindling popular fervour. He used to hold a board in front of him while preaching, with the sacred monogram painted on it in the midst of rays and afterwards expose it for veneration. - from New Advent
My sole purpose for posting to this site will be to support the Three Mass'keteer blog. When I have longer posts that can't be linked to elsewhere I will post them here and link from the post. If there are matters that I want to share but are more personal and/or odd to post to the Three Mass'keteer blog I will post them here. In other words this blog will be my scrapbook.

No comments: